Friday, September 26, 2008

The story of a boy and his horse(s)


Ben Brantley, king of The New York Times theater reviews, has this to say about Equus, the play newly transplanted from London mostly famous for the fact that Harry Potter, I mean, Daniel Radcliffe, gets naked onstage. With a horse. Ahem.

While Brantley treats the production as a whole with a genial, grandfatherly wave of his hand of "it's a bit dated", he nearly swoons over Radcliffe's performance. Which is great. I'm always happy for great acting in the theater by great actors. And especially for a young movie star like Harry. In an age when even Julianne Moore (a phenomenal actress) gets universal bad reviews for her theater chops, I am so happy for a young actor who can be a wizard on both stage and screen. I hope he continues to work in the theater as well as finishing up his run as Harry Potter, the boy who lived and was totally awesome.

And to Jessica and Kevin, who have tickets to see this amazing display of male/horse bonding, I'm so jealous! Enjoy the show and let me know what you think!!

No comments: