Thursday, June 23, 2011

If you can't say anything nice, please don't say anything at all

I've had some people get into it with me today.  I'm not exactly angry, more just perplexed with hurt feelings.  

I'm fully aware that I come to the table armed with ideas & opinions.  But I also know that I take time to listen, change course when someone else's idea is better, & know how to work through a conversation. 

And I'll be honest, I'm getting pretty annoyed.  I don't just tell every single person around me exactly what I think of them all the time.  I've learned the hard way that I absolutely must think about what I say before I say it.  It's just not a grown up option to be so reckless.  And I feel...reckled...which obviously isn't a word but seems to perfectly describe how I feel.

No comments: