Monday, June 27, 2011

Friendship


Painting via

I've feel lucky that up until this point in my life, I've haven't experienced the female right of passage known as the "frenemy" or "toxic girl friend."  Unfotunately, this is no longer the case.

It's hard to know when it's time to let someone go, whether it's a boyfriend or a girl friend, & that has always been a tricky line for me to find.  I've stayed in some relationships way too long, & in other cases, not opened up to let a friendship develop.  I suppose that's the risk you take by being a human, & I'm of the mindset that it's far better to take the risk to have the chance to find something really wonderful.

Anyway, I digress.  After rather two torturous weeks of a fighting with a friend, I've concluded that it's time to cut ties.  I'd rather only spend time with people who I adore & value,  & most importantly, with people who love & adore me.  Everyone's time and energy are very precious, & it's useless to try to force situations to improve.  I'm also glad that I was semi-courageous & told each other how I felt, & that it was best not to be in touch for the time being.  This is a serious improvement from the standard "fade-out" that most of us employ when executing a breakup. 

It also makes me so grateful & happy to know that I'm blessed with true friendship & sisterhood (literally in some cases - love you, JAR!) from so many wonderful girls & women.  As I have experienced this recent sadness & hurt feelings, it's encouraged me to call my friends & family & express to them how much I love & care for them.  Making those calls is a very wonderful way to pass the afternoon, by the way.  "Hi, mom - I love you!" 

Nothing could be more delicious.

1 comment:

Mari said...

"Here's looking at you, kid!"
I always enjoy our chats.
Can't wait until tomorrow!