Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President Barack Obama



Congratulations to our new President, Barack Obama.

Last night's election was historic and exciting. I believe President Obama is a smart, hard-working, kind man. I believe he loves his family and his country. I believe he has the ability to inspire millions of people to hope and dream for a better future. I sincerely hope that he can provide a way for America out of these dark times and lead us into a brighter, more hopeful future. I hope he keeps us safe. I hope that he can live up to the insanely high expectations that have been set for him. I hope he leads all the American people, not just the ones who got him elected.

I appreciated when he said last night that "getting elected" is not the point. It is not enough-now we will have to work hard and work together to make change happen. I hope that every single person cheering for him last night recognizes that change means working hard. I hope everyone is prepared to be a part of that change. I believe that he will do his best to be honest with Americans. He is incredibly steady and calm, traits that I admire very much. He has demonstrated leadership in his campaign and I hope with all my heart that he will prove to be a president of great leadership. America needs a leader that we can believe in and get in line behind and follow. I hope President Obama is that man and I hope that we, the American people, will do our part to support not only his presidency but one another.

2 comments:

KipKGolfmeister said...

Great words and well thought out comments. You have the idea captured very well.

Unknown said...

I hope all that, too. You are much more gracious and eloquent in your thoughts than I. Thank you for your words, hope and support of the President-Elect of the United States.