Saturday, August 6, 2011

Royal moments









{Pictures taken from all over}

For the amazing world event known as The Wedding of the Century, Gigi & I decided that we must celebrate the moment in style.  Since I was going to be in New York for work, I found a ticket that allowed me to stay through the weekend (& was cheaper!) & invited my mom to join me in the city for the night.  I decided that we had to swank it up for this night so I booked us a room at the Waldorf Astoria.  Thank you, Hilton rewards point!!  The room was absolutely scrumptious.  Two giant fluffy, feathery queen beds, pink & blue paisley carpet, a view of St. Patrick's Cathedral, a deep sunken bathtub, big fluffy bathrobes...oh I could go on & on.  It was seriously amazing. 

More pictures to come, if I ever get them loaded.  Again, no idea why I can't rotate these pictures appropriately. 


My amethyst fascinator is peeking out the top of the photos!

I have to say, I seriously was looking forward to this day more than I do my own {future} wedding day. To me, this is real-life proof-positive in the pudding that sometimes, not often, but sometimes, fairy tales can come true. In my heart of hearts, where it is still soft & un-cynical, are my hopes that the wildest of dreams can come true, that true love can conquer all, & that I can find the courage to be who I want to be.

No comments: