Thursday, June 19, 2008

You talkin' to me???


So this morning, I stopped and bought a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast. (Yes, I know. SHOCK! HORROR! I ate a bagel.) And I went to my bagel man on Park and 57th, where I go very infrequently and after waiting patiently for my turn, I ask for a sesame bagel with cream cheese. And he peers over his cart at me and asks me if I'm tired. ME?? TIRED???!?! What gave you that idea? My three day old dirty hair scraped into a ponytail? My sunglasses on my face even though it was not the slightest bit sunny this morning? So sorry that I haven't had 15 cups of coffee already like everyone else in this city. Hrumphh.

I hate when people tell me I look tired, or ask me if I'm tired. It's like the most socially acceptable way to telling you that you look like crap. And actually, I would wager that I look rather pretty today. But now that you mention it, I am feeling a bit weary. So weary, in fact, that I think I should skip my workout tomorrow and get some extra sleep. Some BEAUTY sleep. Now that's a great plan. At least I didn't fall asleep while eating my bagel. Now that would have been embarrassing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily....birthday twin....you have a blog! I love it:) My mom text me yesterday to tell me she got your wedding invite. How exciting!!! I'm glad life is going well for you! Keep in touch. I'm obsessed with blogging and bloggers so I will check yours often to see what you are up to:)

Ashley said...

That picture of the cat asleep in it's food bowl is priceless!