Monday, October 26, 2009

Yo ho yo ho it's a {sailor's} life for me


Yesterday concluded the sailing season for the year, and I am completely hooked, anchored in, captivated and in love with this sport. From the blue and red ropes to flaking the main to the exhilaration of catching the wind to the competition of the races to tacking to jibing to trimming the main to switching the jib to running around smelling like sunscreen wearing boat shoes…I love it. Added to my list of life goals: own a sailboat. I absolutely cannot wait for the season to start up again in the spring.
In the meantime, I'll keep practicing my bowline knot. I only have 678 ties to go...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Sailing takes me away To where I've always heard it could be
Just a dream and the wind to carry me And soon I will be free"
(chorus of a song, 80's I think). I hope that I get to ride on your sailboat when you get it.