Friday, July 2, 2010

Ode to Joy


This weekend is one of my most favorite holidays - 4th of July!!!! I love everything about it - the food, the patriotism, the music and most of all, the FIREWORKS! I have only missed fireworks one time, under the most horrible of circumstances. One year I had reconstructive knee surgery 2 weeks before the 4th and I still I managed to hobble outside to see the beautiful sparkle blooms in the sky. Last year I went on a very ho-hum date to see the fireworks. The ones in the sky were much superior to the non-sparks that were down on the ground. My favorite firework watching is when I am home in the Midwest and looking out over the glorious cornfields {yes I come from the boonies} and seeing each little town's firework display exploding in the sky...one year we saw 5 at once. I love love love fireworks.

This weekend we are celebrating America, celebrating our mom's birthday, celebrating our dad being in New Orleans, celebrating good food, cute puppy Tulip, the new apartment, my good grades, riverboats, Bananas Foster and everything else that is wonderful and fun.

I hope you have a FANTASTIC weekend too!!!!

No comments: