Friday, July 2, 2010

Farewell my love...

My July resolution is to quit drinking Diet Coke. I love ya, but we need to break up. Our multiple dates per day are causing problems. {Look, it's not you, it's me. Same old story...} I armed myself with gallons of water and piles of Advil. And I waited. Waited for the inevitable tidal wave of headaches to come crashing down on me.

Thursday, 10:43AM
The first creeping fingers of a headache start taking hold of my noggin
I toss back 3 Advil {I like to cut the pain off at its knees, this plan usually works}

12:00PM
Head is feeling cloudy and throbbing dully

2:15PM
I can't take it any longer and eat some Advils like they're M&Ms

2:45
I feel high as a kite - but finally no head pain
{Yes mom I ate when I took the Advil.}

4:45
I take 2 more Advil as a preventative measure

5:00-9:00
I forget I have a headache

9:15
I feel like I've been punched in the brain
I eat just enough dinner to go with my Advil
I stay up too late watching TV and at that point the headache is only my own fault

Friday, 7:30AM
Wake up with a headache

9:00
Still have a headache

10:00
Still have a headache

11:00
Headache is getting worse

11:48 (now)
I just bought more Advil

UPDATE: 1:15PM
Headache is gone. Yesss!

UPDATE: 2:36PM
Head is pounding.

UPDATE: 3:07PM
Just played on Sporcle with my coworkers - and then realized that my head doesn't hurt. So great.

The moral {Jerry Springer style} of this story is: Diet Coke, what did I ever do to you to deserve this?? All I ever did was love you. Maybe a little too much...is that so bad??? WHY??!?!?!?!?

Do you think we can ever be friends again?

No comments: