Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Saints Go Marching In!


There are not really words superlative enough, extreme enough, big enough to describe what happened in New Orleans on Sunday night. What can you possibly say that could encapsulate the screaming, the celebrating, the crying, the joying, the being a New Orleanian?

All I can muster is to say that this city is on fire. Everywhere you go, people have this look on their face - this look that says, we did it. And what's great about that is that it inspires people, teaches them that they too can do it. To me, Sean Payton said it best when he said that "you have to have the courage to win the big game." Nothing could be more true. I've faced down some big games in my life; everyone has. No one shows that more than the people of New Orleans who play that big game and face it with dignity and courage.

This perfect moment has lasted for two entire days, and that magic doesn't seem like it's going to wear off anytime soon. We are going to the Saints parade this afternoon, and I expect nothing less than complete and utter crazy Saints-mania. I am so lucky to have been a part of this amazing season. I am so lucky to live here and study here and work here to make this a better place. I am so lucky to that this place makes me a better person in return.

I think all that's left to say is
WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Mari said...

Who Dat? Who Dat?!